First Green has developed a set of core STEM* lesson plans that are targeted for middle school students. They can be adapted for high school by the teacher and the golf course superintendent. The lesson plans are provided below. It's a good idea to talk with your teacher to determine how complex your activities will be.
Note: Lessons use Adobe PDF format. Get free reader.
+ some lessons need some supplies. See the supplies list (also called the Superintendent Resource Kit).
* Want to order a book or view a website mentioned in our lessons? See links to resources cited.
Core STEM* Lesson Plans
Square Footage of an Irregular Space
- Matemáticas en el campo de golf
Technology on the Golf Course
- Photography Permission Form (MS Word or PDF) - for parents to fill out
- Student Reflection Form (after field trip)
* STEM: Science Technology Engineering and Math