Help Grow the Future
Liaisons will help promote First Green in their chapters/regions by hosting field trips, acting as a mentor to first-time hosts and providing community outreach and support of First Green. The First Green Liaison is an engaged chapter member who is a GCSAA Member in good standing. The First Green Liaison should be an experienced First Green host and be familiar with First Green lesson plans. This individual should be an advocate of First Green’s Mission:
- Support environmental education, STEM learning and stewardship.
- Illustrate the environmental and community benefits of golf courses.
- Introduce the next generation to the game of golf and golf course industry.
Be A Part of First Green
Being a part of the First Green program gives you the opportunity to:
- Give back to the profession and industry.
- Promote your profession, the career opportunities and your golf course in your community.
- Help students succeed!
- Be a role model!
First Green Liaison Activities
- Host/Organize First Green field trips and invite his/her chapter members to attend as a train-the-trainer opportunity.
- Work to create relationships with area school districts, private schools and youth groups in order to generate awareness of the First Green program.
- Be a First Green promoter and provide updates at chapter functions and in newsletters.
- Work with GCSAA to improve the First Green program.
- Attend local STEM/School events and staff a First Green booth.